Dr. Todor Yalamov
Master's in Economics and Management from Erasmus Rotterdam University School of Economics and Faculty of Economics and Business Administration at Sofia University.
Master’s in Mathematics, Department of Mathematics and Informatics, Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridsky".
Master’s in Philosophy, Department of Philosophy, Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridsky".
Todor Yalamov is a non-resident fellow at the Center for the Study of Democracy. His major areas of competence include civil society development, corruption and state capture, conflict of interests, informal economy, R&D and innovations, information and communication technologies and their application in various public spheres.
He has 15-year experience with projects related to research of foreign direct investments, corporative governance, currency board and bank behaviour, local level e government, the accountability of the R&D and ICT
sectors, broadband internet, call centres, project-management in the energy sector, etc. Todor’s methodological interests are related to the work with large databases and the application of diverse algorithms to
them, quality assessment of existing public data and its systematic divergence and network analysis. He has been the coordinator of the Eastern European and Central Asian Business Incubators and Technology Parks Network (ECAbit) from 2008 until 2012 and is currently member of its board. Todor is also an assistant professor at the Department of Economics and Business Administration, Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridsky" and teaches the following disciplines: Globalisation and Internet Economics, Management of NGOs, Learning organisation.
Civil Society, Innovation, ICT, Broadband Internet, Organizational Networks
- 2015 Stefanov, R., Yalamov, T., Karaboev, S. The Bulgarian Public Procurement Market: Corruption Risks and Dynamics in the Construction Sector, in Mungiu-Pippidi (ed) Government Favouritism in Europe. The Anticorruption Report 3, Barbara Budrich Publishers, pp 34-51;
- 2012 Hiding, Circumvention, Public Procurement and Shaping Laws: The Role of Networks and Bribery in Bulgaria, Eastern European Economics, Vol 50, No 5, M.E.Sharpe;
- 2011 (eds. Petrov, M, Stefanov, R, and Georgieva, T.) Innovation.bg 2011 (author of the ICT chapter);
- 2010 (eds. Petrov, M, Stefanov, R and Georgieva T.) Innovation.bg (author of the ICT chapter and the Innovation Index section);
- 2010 (ed. Tzenkov E.) Civil Society in Bulgaria: Tendencies and Risks, Center for the Study of Demoncracy (co-authored);
- 2009 (eds. Petrov, M, Stefanov, R and Georgieva T.) Innovation.bg 2009 (author of the ICT chapter);
- 2009 Bankkova A. and Yalamov, T. Management, Knowledge and Competitiveness of Organizations: A study of Bulgarian enterprises, in Chobanov, G. Ploehn, J. Schellhaas, H (ed), Towards a Knowledge-Based Society in Europe, Sofia Conferences on Social and Economic Development in Europe, N 1, Peter-Lang Publishing;
- 2008 Coping with Governance Risks, in Miller, S. Management Guide: Bulgaria, Cross-Culture Publishing, pp 173-182;
- 2006 editor and co-author, e-Bulgaria 2006, Applied Research and Communications Fund (ARC Fund);
- 2005 editor and co-author, e-Bulgaria 2005, Applied Research and Communications Fund (ARC Fund);
- 2004 e-Bulgaria (editor and co-author), ARC Fund;
- 2003 Nenovsky, N., Peev, E. and Yalamov T., La liaison banques-entreprises sous le régime de Currency Board: étude empirique pour la Bulgarie, Revue d'etudes comparatives Est-Ouest, Volume 34 (June) No 2. Also as Banks-Firms Nexus under the Currency Board: Empirical Evidence from Bulgaria, a William Davidson Institute Working Paper N 555, University of Michigan, 28 p., and as Bulgarian National Bank, Discussions Papers, 2003, No 32;
- 2003 (ed. Iliev, P.), Business Coalitions, Corporative Governance and Anti-corruption, Anti-corruption Newspaper, Center for the Study of Democracy;
- 2003 (ed. Iliev, P.) Unreported Economic Activity in the Information Sector in Bulgaria. Informal Economy in EU Candidate States, Center for the Study of Democracy;
- 2002, Yalamov T and Belev, B. Corporate Governance as Anti-Dote to Corruption: Examples and Lessons Learned in Bulgaria, in Corporate Governance as Anti-Dote to Corruption, CIPE, Washington.