PhD in Political Science, Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski
Ms Kostova has 10 years of experience in public and private sector consulting, technical assistance and grant projects. She has worked with national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations, and non-governmental organizations. Ms Kostova specializes in public administration reform and private sector development. She is skilled in conducting research, socio-economic and functional analysis on good governance, and developing public-sector strategic and planning documents.
Previously, she worked for the EU Business Unit of DAI Global (International Development Consulting) focusing on fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. As a Business Development Manager and Senior Research Analyst,Ms Kostova has managed and coordinated the overall project preparation and consortium building. Some technical assistance projects she has supported are:
- European development policy;
- Provision of Technical Assistance to the Malawi Democratic Governance Programme;
- Technical Assistance to operationalise the Capacity Building and Engagement Window of the “Enhancing Accountability” programme in South Africa;
- Support to the EU Integration Process of Albania;
- Support to Security Sector Oversight Bodies in Georgia;
- Enhancing Economic Governance: strengthening the doing-business environment, planning management, public investment and public procurement in Viet Nam;
- Create in Izmir: Entrepreneurial Hub of Cultural and Creative Industries in Turkey.
Ms Kostova is experienced in analysing the market of emerging technologies (e.g. AI/ML, IoT, Blockchain) and innovations and developing projects for private sector companies. Prior to DAI Global, she worked for a small consulting company as Innovation and Market Analyst and for the first Science and Technology Park in Bulgaria – “Sofia Tech Park” as an Expert within the “Innovation and Projects” Department and “R&D” Department.