Master's degree from Sofia University in Philosophy and German Philology and Postmaster's study at Sofia University and Leipzig University.
Mr. Bezlov is a leading expert in crime research. For the past 17 years as a Senior Analyst at CSD he has authored numerous reports and sociological research. Mr. Bezlov has pioneered the carrying out of the crime victims survey in Bulgaria and has contributed to its implementation in a number of national and international institutions as well as the state administration. His research and analysis of various crime and corruption-related issues (e.g. the development of a national-level index of corruption, the demand and supply of illegal drugs, the prostitution markets, human trafficking, smuggling of commercial goods) has won him both national and international recognition, and has resulted not only in numerous publications but has led to some of his research being used in court proceedings.
He is also recognized as а leading political analyst and as such is a frequent commentator and quoted in all major national and international media.
Mr. Bezlov is also a recognized political risk analyst. In this capacity, for the past 10 years he has been at the core of teams providing comprehensive and regular country risk analysis for the United Nations Development Program, Eurasia Group / Lehman Brothers, Eurasia Group/Deutsche Bank, Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the Control Risks Group.
Mr. Bezlov has participated in the analysis of various crime prevention and policing initiatives. He is a lecturer under the Sofia University Master's Program in Globalization and a frequent guest lecturer at the Academy of the Ministry of Interior and the Diplomatic Institute of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Crime Trends in Bulgaria 2010 - 2020 (co-author). Sofia: Center for the Study of Democracy, 2020, ISBN: 978-954-477-402-8.
- Bulgarian Organised Crime Threat Assessment 2020 (co-author). Sofia: Center for the Study of Democracy, 2020, ISBN: 978-954-477-401-1.
- Bulgarian Organised Crime Threat Assessment 2019 (co-author). Sofia: Center for the Study of Democracy, 2019.
- Bulgarian Organised Crime Threat Assessment 2018 (co-author). Sofia: Center for the Study of Democracy, 2018.
- Football Hooliganism (author) - in: Radicalisation in Bulgaria: Threats and Trends. Sofia: Center for the Study of Democracy, 2016, ISBN 978-954-477-265-9.
- Corruption and trafficking in women. Interviews’ Data Analytical Report (co-author). Sofia: Center for the Study of Democracy, 2016.
- Extortion racketeering in the EU: vulnerability factors (co-author). Sofia: Center for the Study of Democracy, 2016.
- PSCs to the Rescue: The Role of PSCs in Deprived, Depopulated and Remote Villages in Bulgaria – The Case of the Vidin Region (co-author) in Klopfer, F. и van Amstel, N. (Eds.) Private security in practice: cases from Southeast Europe. Geneva: Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces, 2016.
- Financing of organised crime (co-author). Sofia: Center for the Study of Democracy, 2015, ISBN 978-954-477-234-5.
- Study on paving the way for future policy initiatives in the field of fight against organised crime: the effectiveness of specific criminal law measures targeting organised crime (co-author). Brussels: European Commission, 2015.
- Ex-post evaluation of the Schengen part of the temporary Cash-flow and Schengen Facility 2007-2009 for Bulgaria and Romania (co-author). European Commission: 2014.
- Countering Police Corruption: European Perspectives (co-author). Sofia: Center for the Study of Democracy, 2013, 978-954-477-197-3.