PhD candidate, Faculty of Law and History, Neofit Rilski Southwest University
Master's Degree in Law, specializations in Administration of Justice and Public Administration, Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski, Sofia
LLM in International Humanitarian Law, Geneva Academy of International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights, Geneva
Miriana Ilcheva works on the Law Program’s key projects, related to criminal justice. She has supported the needs assessment for indicators of public confidence within the framework of the project "Scientific Indicators of Confidence in Justice Tools for Policy Assessment" (EURO-JUSTIS). In 2008-2009 she took an active part in drafting the report on the legislation, policies, practices and approaches of EU Member States related to victims of crime, commissioned by the European Commission . She also worked on drafting factsheets on the rights of victims of crime in EU Member States . Miriana Ilcheva participates in the efforts for introducing e-tools for management of criminal cases. Before joining CSD, she worked for the Criminal Law Reform Program in the Sofia office of the American Bar Association/Central European and Eurasian Law Initiative, where she contributed to the institutional capacity building of criminal justice authorities, as well as to various legislative working groups.
- Migration to the EU. A Review of Narratives and Approaches (co-author). PERCEPTIONS, 2021.
- Compendium of Practices: Victims of Crime and the Justice System (co-author). Bucharest: Pro Refugio, 2020.
- Current practices in the national criminal justice system in relation to victims of crimes (co-author). Bucharest: Pro Refugio, 2020.
- Judicial Training for Lawyers, Prosecutors, and Judges: Toolkit (co-author). Bucharest: Pro Refugio, 2019.
- Financial Compensation Guide Cases concerning Women Victims of Crime (co-author). Bucharest: Pro Refugio, 2019.
- Guidelines on Incorporating Tolerance and Mutual Respect in Language Tuition and Social Orientation of Refugees and Migrants. Sofia: Center for the Study of Democracy, 2018.
- Referral for legal assistance in the case of victims of human trafficking (co-author), 2018.
- National Report on challenges before the free movement of young Europeans in times of crisis (author). Sofia: Center for the Study of Democracy, 2017.
- The Legal Framework of Registers of Non-profit Organisations: Assessment and Proposals for Change (co-author). Sofia: Center for the Study of Democracy, 2016, ISBN: 978-954-477-262-8.
- National Study on Domestic and Gender-Based Violence (DGBV) and Elaboration of a Victims Support Model (VSM): Legal, Institutional and Policy Analysis (co-author). Sofia: Center for the Study of Democracy, 2016.
- Supporting vulnerable groups before the State: The Role of Civil Society Organisations (co-author). Sofia: Center for the Study of Democracy, 2015.
- Justice Sector Institutional Indicators for Criminal Case Management: Efforts on Supranational and National Level, Bulgarian and Polish Perspective (co-author). Sofia: Center for the Study of Democracy, 2012.
- Review of Need: Indicators of Public Confidence in Criminal Justice for Policy Assessment – JUSTIS PROJECT WORKING PAPERS , European Institute for Crime Prevention and Control, Affiliated with the United Nations (HEUNI), 2009 (co-editor).