BA in International and European Law, The Hague University
Mariyan Sabev works on key projects of the Security Programme of the Centre for Study of Democracy in the field of home affairs, organised crime and criminal markets. Since joining the Center for the Study of Democracy in the beginning of 2018, he has worked on projects, funded by DG-HOME and OLAF.
Before joining CSD, Mariyan worked as a consultant at one of the leading companies on the market, providing his expertise in managing projects financed under the EU structural and investment funds. During 2011-2012 he served as an assistant prosecutor at the International legal cooperation department of the Supreme Prosecutor’s Office of the Republic of Bulgaria.
- Bulgarian Organised Crime Threat Assessment 2020 (co-author). Sofia: Center for the Study of Democracy, 2020.
- Uncovering labour trafficking (co-author). Helsinki: HEUNI, 2020.
- The Illicit Cigarette Trade along the Balkan Route: Measuring Vulnerabilities and Threats (co-author). Sofia: Center for the Study of Democracy, 2019.
- Bulgarian Organised Crime Threat Assessment 2019 (co-author). Sofia: Center for the Study of Democracy, 2019.
- Financing of Organised Crime: Human Trafficking in Focus (co-author). Sofia: Center for the Study of Democracy, 2018.
- CSD Policy Brief No. 76: The Management of Frozen and Forfeited Assets in Bulgaria: Challenges and (Missed) Opportunities in the Context of Evolving Legislation, 2018
- Responsibility to Protect and the Right of Humanitarian Intervention, Academy of Governance, Law and Security, 2011, The Hague University.
- The Palestinian Bid for Statehood: Implications for the Perspective on the Law of the States.