Dr. Emil Tsenkov
Ph.D. from the Oriental Institute, Moscow
BA from the Department of History, Baghdad University
The scope of Dr. Tsenkov’s activities includes comparative political systems, international security, good governance and countering of political corruption. Dr. Tsenkov took part in a number of projects, related to democratic reforms in transition countries, anti-corruption and introducing integrity instruments in Bulgarian politics, European integration, transnational organized crime, etc. He is a co-author of the annual Corruption Assessment Reports of the Center for the Study of Democracy, and was a Coordinator of the Coalition 2000 anti-corruption initiative. In the period 2004-2007 he was Director of the Information Centre on the Council of Europe in Sofia. In 2008-2009 Dr. Tsenkov was DCM in the embassy of Bulgaria in Tripoli (Libya). He was also an OSCE observer at the parliamentary elections in Bosnia, Kossovo and Kazakhstan. Currently, he is Senior Fellow at the CSD Security Program.
Post-authoritarian political reforms, international relations and soft security issues (countering corruption, organized crime and terrorism).
- Civil society in Bulgaria: Trends and Risks, 2010;
- 2006 National Data Collection Report for Bulgaria (author of the chapter on Education), Sofia 2006 (for EUMC);
- Combating Ethnic and Racial Discrimination and Promoting Equality: Trends and Developments 2000 – 2005 – Bulgaria (author of the chapter on Education), Sofia 2006 (for EUMC);
- Anti-Corruption Education Manual, Center for the Study of Democracy,Sofia, 2003 (co-author);
- The National Front in Iraq (1983);
- Corruption and Trafficking: Monitoring and Prevention, Sofia, 2000;
- Smuggling in Southeast Europe, Sofia, 2002;
- Corruption, Trafficking and Institutional Reform, Sofia, 2003;
- Partners in Crime: The Risks of Symbiosis between the Security Sector and Organized Crime in Southeast Europe, Sofia, 2004;
- Weapons under Scrutiny: Implementing Arms Export Controls and Combating Small Arms Proliferation in Bulgaria, Sofia, 2004;
- Transportation, Smuggling and Organized Crime, Sofia, 2004;
- Number of publications in national media and international newspapers (al-Hayat) and electronic media (Balkan Times).