Ph.D. in political economy, University of National and World Economy, Sofia; M.A. in economic sociology, University of National and World Economy, Sofia
Andrey Nonchev is Director of the Sociological program at the Center for the Study of Democracy. He is also a Chair of the Economic Sociology department at the University of National and World Economy, Sofia. Andrey’s interests include migration and migrants’ integration, evaluation and monitoring of public policies and programs, corruption and hidden economy studies. He manages international research projects in the area of educational integration of refugee children and reintegration of children victims of trafficking. Previously he held position of Research Director at the Vitosha Research agency, participating as team leader, project coordinator or expert in more than 200 quantitative and qualitative research projects. Andrey has a Ph.D. in political economy from the University of National and World Economy in Sofia.
- Dynamics of the Hidden Economy in Bulgaria During the Crisis (co-author). Center for the Study of Democracy, Sofia, 2011;
- The Attitudes Towards Foreigners: European variants of (in) Tolerance (with Svetla Encheva). In: Well-being and Trust: Bulgaria in Europe (Comparative Analysis after ESS Rounds 2006/2009), ed. NikolaiTilkidjiev, East-West, Sofia, 2010;
- Economic Integration and National Identity . In: Sustainable Development and Diversity in Bulgaria. IKOPIS, Sofia, 2010;
- Public-private quasi markets. University Publishing House "Economy”, Sofia, 2009;
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Public Policies and Programs. Training Manual - Part 1. Center for the Study of Democracy, Sofia, 2009;
- Reasons for Children Dropping out from School (co-author and editor), UNICEF, East-West, Sofia, 2007;
- Corruption in Bulgaria and South-East Europe: the Proliferation of Corruption among Citizens and Business , In: South East Europe Review for Labour and Social Affairs, Quarterly of the Hans-Bockler Foundation, 2006, vol.9, number 2, pp.97-109.