- Self-driven and ambitious communications officer
- Raising CSD’s brand identity and profile through traditional and social media channels
- Maximising impact through event execution and strategic stakeholder engagement
CSD is hiring a self-driven, well-organised and detail-oriented person to fill the role of Communications Officer. The position is based at the organisation’s headquarters in Sofia, Bulgaria, which provides a unique opportunity for a self-starter with initiative to support the work of the strategic communications team at an established European think-tank. We seek to reconfirm our brand identity, increase audience, raise profile, and maximise impact. As a Communications Officer, you will manage the day-to-day operations in social media channels, content creation, media relations, engagement in public policy events, and internal communications.
Your duties will focus on the following:
- Social media outreach: copyrighting and curating various content across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube;
- Creative content development: writing blog posts, developing original graphic content and propose innovative content formats;
- Events: collaborating with others in the organisation to put on strategically defined, high-impact events, both public and invitation-only workshops, conferences, and panel-discussions, in both virtual and in-person settings;
- Media relations: writing and distributing press releases, maintaining the database with media contacts and responding to media inquiries;
- Internal communications: maintaining systems of communication within the organisation and collaborating on the implementation of all communication initiatives and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in in communications, marketing, journalism (data journalism would be an advantage), or related field;
- Minimum 2 years of professional communications experience;
- Proficiency in both verbal and written English and Bulgarian;
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills, combined with the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience;
- Knowledge of online communications and user-oriented engagement strategies; social media platforms; content creation and publishing; graphic design and video-editing skills would be an advantage;
- Interest and understanding of the subject matter of CSD’s research is essential.
The organisation will offer salary and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you wish to contribute to the growth and success of an organisation involved in policy analysis with impact, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter (1 page) to csd(at)online(dot)bg. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline for submission of applications: 31 January 2022.