- Accounting, financial and office support
- Full-cycle grant and tender project budgeting
- Fields of expertise: finance, accounting, business administration, project budgeting and reporting, Bulgarian and English language
Our professional financial unit is critical to the success and further growth and impact of the Center. The Financial Officer will report to the Financial Director and will provide project management support focused on the financial and administrative aspects of the implementation of ongoing contracts and in the development of new projects.
The position provides opportunities for professional development in an international setting.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- preparing financial statements and expenditure reports on projects;
- tracking the financial progress of projects, preparing internal and external reports and providing overviews on the status of project budgets’ implementation;
- preparing audit documentation and participating in audits and expenditure verification
- maintaining the time records (time-sheets) of the work accomplished by staff members working on projects;
- developing project budgets in line with the rules of various EU-supported programs or of other funding organisations/ donors;
- supporting the administrative team in project/tender proposal preparation.
Minimum skills required
- university degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or equivalent;
- at least 2 years of experience on a similar position in financial administration of project-based contracts and budgets;
- knowledge of grant administration, budgeting of project proposals and project cost reporting will be an advantage;
- familiarity with Microsoft Office, in particular excellent Excel spreadsheet knowledge;
- fluent command of written and spoken English and Bulgarian;
- understanding of the non-profit sector will be considered an advantage;
- ability to work in a team as well as independently and to meet deadlines.
Please apply by sending your cover letter (1 page) and CV in EuroPass format to csd-at-online.bg. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Supporting documents such as diplomas, certificates or contact information of referees might be requested on demand. This is a full-time position and CSD can currently offer a two-year fixed-term contract with possible extension based on performance and funding availability.
Deadline for submission of applications: July 20, 2023.