Energy and Climate Economist/Analyst
- Experienced and ambitious economic analyst
- Project development, coordination and implementation during an exciting period of growth
- Areas: energy and climate security, energy transition and energy governance; economic and political influence of authoritarian states in energy and climate
CSD is hiring a highly motivated and experienced economic analyst (experience in the analysis of energy markets and policy is preferable) who will support its ongoing research and advocacy projects in the areas of: energy and climate security, energy markets, energy transition and energy governance; economic and political influence of authoritarian states in energy and climate; green innovation and social acceptance of low-carbon technologies.
You will be engaged in aiding the design of research methodologies, as well as policy research and analysis. You will deal with data collection and interpretation, and draft policy, academic and analytical texts, presenting research results to academic and professional audiences and the media. You will interact with a broad range of partners nationally and internationally. You will be part of a well settled, highly professional policy research team and you will report to the Energy and Climate Program’s director. At CSD we offer a competitive salary (commensurate with experience), a professional working environment, flexible working hours and opportunities to develop one’s interests and ideas.
- Master’s degree in Economics and/or related field in the social sciences (PhD would be an advantage);
- at least 5 years of full-time professional experience in economic and/or social analysis (experience with project development and coordination would be an advantage);
- strong written and analytical skills;
- fluency in English;
- computer literacy (Excel/spreadsheets, presentations);
- experience with quantitative methods of research;
- excellent organisational and communication skills.
If you wish to get involved in policy analysis with impact, please apply by sending your cover letter (1 page), resume (with included list of referees and one-paragraph summary of the projects and tenders you have managed) and a recent writing sample in English (5-10 pages) to csd-at-online.bg. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline for submission of applications: December 31, 2022.