Analyst/Senior Analyst: Security
- Experienced and ambitious researchers/policy analysts
- Project development, coordination and implementation during an exciting period of growth
- Fields of expertise: security and home affairs (crime, policing, organized crime, border security, radicalisation and terrorism, corruption and white-collar crime)
Center for the Study of Democracy
Founded in late 1989, the Center for the Study of Democracy (CSD) is a public policy institute fostering the reform process in Europe through impact on policy and civil society. CSD’s mission is “building bridges between scholars and policy-makers” and as an interdisciplinary think tank it combines a broad range of capacities. CSD employs a staff of thirty-three, of whom twenty-six in professional and management positions, including eleven PhD degree holders. The organisation’s crosscutting competences enable the delivery of complex projects requiring process and substantive knowledge at the EU level.
CSD is hiring a highly motivated and experienced analyst/senior analyst who will support its ongoing projects in the areas of security and home affairs (crime and policing, organised crime; EU border security and illegal migration; radicalisation and terrorism; corruption and white-collar crime).
You will be engaged in policy research and analysis, as well as project development, coordination and implementation. You will draft analytical texts and present research results to academic and policy audiences and the media. You will interact with a broad range of partners nationally and internationally. You will be part of a well settled, highly professional policy research team and you will report to the Security Program’s director.
- master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Criminology, Sociology, Political Science, Law, Economics, Psychology) and at least 4 years of relevant professional experience (PhD would be a strong advantage);
- experience with qualitative and quantitative methods of research;
- proven research experience and specialization in one or more of the following topics: crime and policing, organised crime, radicalisation and terrorism, border security, white collar crime, corruption;
- proficiency in statistical software would be an advantage (e.g. SPSS, Stata);
- strong written and analytical skills;
- high level of proficiency in the English language and experience in an English language working environment; knowledge of Bulgarian;
- experience with project development and project management.
If you wish to get involved in policy analysis with impact, please apply by sending your cover letter (1 page), resume (with included list of referees and one-paragraph summary of the projects and tenders you have participated in or managed) and a writing sample in English (5-10 pages) to csd(at)online(dot)bg. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline for submission of applications: 30 September 2021.