Policy Analyst: Geoeconomics
- Project development and implementation on European and global level
- Research and data analysis in the most cutting-edge area of economic security and sharp power
- Additional areas of focus: energy and climate; disinformation; state capture and corruption
CSD is hiring a highly motivated analyst who will support its ongoing projects in the areas of: geoeconomics, sharp power and economic security. If you are a person inspired by data science and interested in developing, maintaining and implementing innovative data-based policy assessment tools based on big data, it would be considered an advantage.
You will be engaged in project development and implementation resulting in the presentation of policy research and analysis to global audiences. You will identify project opportunities, draft proposals, and deliver analytical texts and policy research to decision-makers and the media in Europe and the US. You will interact with a broad range of partners internationally. You will be part of a highly professional policy research team with PhD mentors, and you will report to the Program and Research Directors.
- master’s degree in Economics or a related field and 2 years of relevant professional experience (PhD and 5+ years of experience would be an advantage);
- experience with data gathering, qualitative and quantitative methods of research;
- strong written and analytical skills;
- high level of proficiency in the English language and experience in an English language working environment (knowledge of Bulgarian or another EU language would be considered an advantage);
- experience with project development and coordination, as well as public policy analysis and presentation;
- publication track record;
- experience with and technical skills for working with large datasets, including extracting analytical value and visualising results, would be an advantage.
If you wish to get involved in policy analysis with impact, please apply by sending your cover letter (1 page), resume (with included list of referees and summary of the projects and tenders you have managed) and a writing sample in English (5-10 pages) to csd-at-online.bg. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Deadline for submission of applications: October 20, 2023.