Founded in late 1989, the Center for the Study of Democracy (CSD) is a public policy institute fostering the reform process in Europe through impact on policy and civil society.
CSD Group (consisting of CSD and its wholly-owned subsidiaries Vitosha Research and Project One) provides a broad variety of consulting services, such as policy evaluations, program/fund evaluations, impact assessments, political risk and integrity assessments, foresight analysis, industry and market research.
The areas of expertise include:
- Anti-corruption strategies;
- Capacity development of EU and national government bodies;
- Enhancing the role of civil society;
- Combatting conventional and organised crime;
- Policing and border security;
- Defence industry;
- Migration and vulnerable groups;
- Human rights;
- Media analysis;
- Energy security;
- Innovation and competitiveness;
- Municipal infrastructure and development;
- Undeclared work;
- Hidden economy;
- Big data analysis and index development.