Overview of 1997
CSD in Retrospective
Part One: Program Reviews
- Economic Program
- Vitosha Research/Soc. Program
- Law Reform Program
- European Program
- Information and Doc. Centre on the Council of Europe
- Book Donation Program
Part Two: Organization and Management
- Administration and Management
- Organizational Chart
- List of Staff
- General Assembly
- International Advisory Board
- Sources of Support and Cooperation
Part Three: Financial Review
- Report of the Auditors to Center for the Study of Democracy
- Income and Expenditure Account
- Balance Sheet
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Notes to the Financial Statement
"Building Bridges between Scholars and Policy Makers"
Founded in late 1989, the Center for the Study of Democracy (CSD) is an interdisciplinary public policy institute dedicated to the values of democracy and market economy. CSD is a non-partisan, independent organization fostering the reform process in Bulgaria through impact on policy and civil society.
CSD objectives are:
- to provide an enhanced institutional and policy capacity for a successful European integration process;
- to promote institutional reform and the practical implementation of democratic values in legal and economic practice;
- to monitor public attitudes and serve as a watchdog of the institutional reform process in the country;
- to strengthen the institutional and management capacity of NGOs in Bulgaria, and reform the legal framework for their operation.
CSD encourages an open dialogue between scholars and policy makers and promotes public-private coalition building. As a full-service think tank, the Center achieves its objectives through policy research, process monitoring, drafting of legislation, dissemination and advocacy activities, building partnerships, local and international networks.