|National studies on the financing of Trafficking in Human Beings in Germany, France and Romania
|The Center for the Study of Democracy is implementing project FINOCA 2.0: Financing organised crime activities – focus on human trafficking (HOME/2015/ISFP/AG/THBX/4000008715), funded by European Commission – General Directorate Home Affairs under the ISF-Police Programme 2014-2020. The broad aim of the project is to contribute to a better understanding of the financial aspects of human trafficking activities in the EU and will formulate recommendations for smarter and more effective ways to prevent and tackle THB. An EU wide study on financial aspects of human trafficking is envisaged in the first year of the project. |
Regarding this CSD is looking for 3 individual Country Researchers in Romania, Germany and France. Each of the country researchers will be expected to conduct a national study on the financing of human trafficking and deliver a country report summarizing the findings.
The details about the assignment of the Country Researcher are as follows:
- Participate in a methodology workshop, which will be organised in May in Sofia
- Collect and analyse publicly available data and conduct interviews on the financing of trafficking in human beings
- Produce a country report (in English) on the financing of trafficking in human beings in Romania (20-25 pages).
• Duration: 1st May 2017 – 21st December 2017
Further information about the tasks is provided in the attached Terms of reference.
Requirements for the applicants:
• Ph.D. in Criminology, Sociology, Law, Political Science, Economics, or other social sciences discipline
• At least 5 years of relevant full-time professional experience
• Experience in conducting in-depth interviews
• Track-record in collaboration with law enforcement and/or criminal justice institutions
• Relevant publication track-record
• Fluency in English language
If you consider you professional background and skills appropriate for the above described assignment, please do not hesitate to send your CV, including a list of relevant publications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st of April 2017.
Only candidates fulfilling the technical requirements will be contacted for interview. The interviews (on skype or phone) with short-listed candidates will take place between the 24th and 26th of April 2017.
Full Application Package